Monday, May 21, 2007

Other adventures from my trip across the Southwest...

So finally i got for a while online so I can drop here some new information about our round trip in Southwest U.S. So, what happened after Yosemite? From this national park full of traffic jam, smog and people (who would expect such a situation in natural park?) we moved to less busy Kings Canyon and Sequoya National Park. We didn't see much from Kings because we were in rush - we had just one day for both - so we decided to spend more time in Sequoya to see huge trees. And I have to say that it was impressive. In the normal forest solely spread giant red Sequoya trees. And there were just huge... With very special red color which they have because of special chemical liquid which protects this trees living normally about 2000 years against diseases and fires. Actually fires are very beneficial for the trees because they help in reproduction of this weird trees. The Sequoya can be burnt and you can see the black burnt spots and they are still alive.

The pictures of this crazy trees I'll add when I'll get on my computer where I have all my photos...

After Sequoya our national park road continued - we headed off to Death Valley, still in Cali. And nomen omen - the Death Valley is monumental colorful natural theater. Red , white, black, white and mostly mixed cliffs going along with each other. And we drove in the middle of these cliffs. Except other things there are huge sand dunes, where you feel like in the Sahara or the lowest point in the U.S. and the North hemisphere as well - if i good remember 86 meters below the sea level.

We deserved some break after all these national park. We took it in the biggest gambler place in the world - Las Vegas, which lies in Nevada. It was visible since the beginning that it's all fake and commercial, but although liked it. I haven't seen anything similar before. And what I didn't expect - I spent there my birthday. I guess you can hardly find better place where to spend the birthday party. And I really enjoyed it - but as it's said what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas, so I will tell you just individually and won't spread it out publicly ;)

After wild two days in Vegas we moved to Grand Canyon - to the north part - North Rid. Grand Canyon has two main touristic parts - South and North Rid, while South Rid is much more visited, about 90% go there. Good for us, we could enjoy the breathtaking view on Canyon without crowds of tourists. The day after we arrived to Canyon and camped in the near National forest we hiked to the Canyon. We didn't manage to get on the bottom, because the Canyon is really deep but we enjoyed the hike to the waterfalls walking along the beautiful and colorful cliffs of Canyon. Huge hike!

All picture from the places mentioned above I'll add later. So look forward...

From Canyon we moved to another national park - Bryce. I have to say that for me it was one of the most impressive place which I've seen here. Very special rocks created by earthquake and erosion. However, don't talk about it much - let's see the pictures...

No comments: