Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memories of Nebraska

It's three thirty in the morning and I just got back from the Sacramento airport where we dropped Monika. During the drive there we were playing our favorite round trip songs. It was like a reminder of all the great memories we have for this year we spent in Nebraska and the States.

It was like an end scene of some movie - driving in the car in the darkness and talking about all these great moments what happened to us. I played in my mind all these moments - when we firstly arrived to Nebraska airport and met Larry and Carmen, our great advisors, and they took us through the totally new and unknown city of Lincoln to our dorms - Selleck, which became our home for a year. The place of social contacts with foreigners and Americans. Cafeteria in Selleck where you could meet always known faces. Friends or crazy lunch lady - checker of the meal cards - Cheryl. Or over 40 years old Dixie, who likes young guys, especially athletes and who went with us drinking and actually got drunk, danced with some strangers who drove her truck back to her home where her husband and son waited for her.

I had in my mind skiing in Colorado, our last round trip and all places we've been to. And what was the best - all those people I met this year. Raul, Juan, Darcy, Tim, John, Amandine, Mauricio, Daniel, Victor, Marcelo, Pauline, Boyko, Rudy, Czechs, Irish, the people who helped me a lot - Joe, my professors who were all nice and I can't forget - my advisors. Without them it would be all much harder and who were kinda my family this year...

I try to console myself that something ends but something new starts. That's true, but I just will miss all these things. But show must go on and the next stom is in Pennsylvania and DC and then back in Czech. And then I don't know where... Maybe I'll come to the States again. Because when you once get to know international environment, it's hard to come back and stay on one place. You are always in the movement and that I like...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hezky si to napsal, zvlášť o tom, jak je těžké vydržet doma - jsem tu pár dní a už se rozhlížím, kam bych zase vyjela. však uvidíš... pěkně pracuj a měj se krásně!

Pavel said...

cau nejvernejsi ctenari... tak drzim palce at ti to nekam vyjde - co planujes? no na to uvideni se prave moc netesim, ale co uz, uz se do mu chvilema i tesim :))) mej se a zase se nekdy ozvi!

Baryka said...

Tohle je nebezpecny pocit :))

Unknown said...

Pavel, Dedku!
it was like in the movie! and for the first time I was one of the main actress =) I was crying and immediately laughing,
almost one year in the USA gave me a lot, when I came home I was sad because all people I liked were gone... one and half month is over and people are still gone, actually they are much more far away from me then one month ago... we started living different lifes, we do have different experiences, friends, isnt it scary? it is - is it fair? no, but it is fucking life! and we got the opportunity to live it!