Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Confused what to do during the summer...

I have just one more month here and when my stay is coming to its end I'm getting more and more nervous and confused. I just don't wanna leave my friends, college and surprisingly Nebraska as well ;) But I know too that I have to leave and move to another life experience and adventure.

However, when I have this huge opportunity to be in the U.S. (and Czechs and other people who need visa to get to the States know what I'm talking about) I don't wanna leave so soon and I wanna stay here at least for this summer. It's not so easy, because I need to get internship or some work to prolong my visa otherwise I have to leave one month after my current visa expires (at the end of classes - May 4th). And believe me, it's not so easy to get the qualified internship here, especially for foreigners. I applied for some internships, but unfortunately not for many (time is just thing which I miss here ;)) so I start loosing my ideals to get internship for summer in advertising agency, which would be my dream work. I got great interest in advertising after my arrival here and advertising became my major here. Most of my classes are advertising classes...

Another possibility for me to stay here is to go work to kids camps. Two friends offered me that I can go work with them there. To one camp to work like help staff and to another one to be children counselor (which could be probably better, because it's maybe better work, I would have weekends off, it's close to New York; but on the other side this work starts in the middle June which is kind of late and I don't know what I would do here till this time...).

I would like to travel for a while to Washington to work on my bachelor thesis (hopefully I'll write my thesis about American visa policy towards new members of the European Union). I talked to our ambassador Jaroslav Kurfurst who I met here in Nebraska (I posted about it here) and he could help me to find some cheap accommodation and give contacts for some people I could talk to about it...

However, after classes end I wanna travel for a while. It looks that we could go to California and then through Utah to Wyoming to Yellowstone park. So cross your finger for us to manage it ;)

And what are you planning for the summer?

No comments: