Friday, March 2, 2007

Closed university - the reason to be happy?

Flyers on the doors of the bathrooms and official mail from the university announced that there are no classes on Thursday. The reason - snow storm. During the night it was snowing and in the morning there was 20 cm thick sheet of snow. Is snow really reason why to close whole university? The American society is based on the cars and especially in Nebraska where are huge distances among cities and towns everybody has a car. So most of students couldn't get into their classes. Specially from out of way places where snow hasn't been shoveled so quickly.


So, we had unplanned day-off. Everybody was happy that they don't have to go to their classes. Just I was kind of mad... I don't have classes on Thursday normally and I need have to go to some office. However, they were closed, too. So, I could at least marvel the pretty snow scenery on the campus. Here are some. So it's for you in Czech Republic where you are desperately waiting for snow ;)

Uhuu, that's me in front of the tree and our dorms.

That's just spanish guys - in this case Raul ;)

3 comments:

Daria said...

O yeeeeah, these are my memories about Lincoln on the 3d day - empty streets, snow over me, but that was actually in january;))
Thanks for the nice pics, was a nice memory about a place (=Selleck), I lived for 4 months=)))

Pavel said...

oh yeah, I have a great time here... Are you still in Nebraska or did you move anywhere else? Which floor in Selleck did you live? ;)

Daria said...

Well, actually I have been there for Spring semester 2005 (january-may)
In Selleck I lived on the 3rd floor, so the last one. I am not sure about the number anymore, however if you're standing in the yard, cafeteria on the left, the entrance straight on=))

Did yo know somebody from CR, who has been there before you? I suppose, there are not that much people left there since the time, I lived in Lincoln=))
Gonna upload some Lincoln pics in the next time on my blog, lets see whether you will find some familiar faces;)))