Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Alligators and crocodiles in Everglades - Florida

One of the largest attractions in Everglades are crocodiles and alligators. While many people don't differ between these two species there is kind of big difference. Crocodiles live in sea and salty water near to coast of Florida and they are quite rare. There are not many of these unique animals left in Florida. The better situation is with alligators that live in freshwater areas of Florida. There is also difference in teeth of these animals. However, I'm not so good at biology so if you are interested go here.
This is our first crocodile. He waited on us just couple meters far away from Visitor center...

And I guess here start alligators. Correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't study it so much ;)
This one is like a pet. But still I wouldn't pet him at all...










I wouldn't like to fall down to this pond...



3 comments:

Madlenkita said...

Ahoj Pavle! Vypada to tedy naramne, muselo to tam byt super! Mate opravdu moc krasny fotky!

talk said...

Wow. nice shots! I'm Marcela's friend by the way and saw your link from her blog.

Pavel said...

To Madlenka: Cau Magdi, jo bylo to uzasny, Everglades se mi libilo hodne. Ale stihli jsme toho daleko vic, tak se tes na dalsi fotky ;) A jak jsi ty travila Spring break? Nebo ty uz jsi vlastne zpatky v CR, co? Co planujes do budoucna? Az budes mit cas tak se ozvi ;)

to talksmart: Thanks, I'm happy for every reaction. Look forward to new pictures. We saw a lot in Florida :) Are you in the U.S.? if so, where?