Friday, February 9, 2007

Welcome to my world and blog...

Before I came to the US I wasn't able to imagine how it can look like here. Is it really so huge country with fat people who don't perceive the world around? Is the permanent smile on their face really just a mask? I had a lot of questions for which I didn't know the answers. And I can imagine that a lot of you have the same questions. That's one of the reasons why I established this blog - to inform you how does it look like here, maybe motivate you to experience the same adventure as I've been experiencing or just tell you how I am, how it's going here...

A lot of guys ask me how it happened that I came here. And that's another reason of my blog - to tell you about my scholarship - Robitschek scholarship which I got for this year to study (in better words said to experience the life in the USA :-) ) at University of Nebraska-Lincoln in Nebraska. And I have to say now, thanks God and especially Paul Robitschek for it!

As you probably noticed or you know I'm not American or English, but I'm from the Czech Republic (proud citizen of Prostejov and Brno ;) ) so why the hell I don't write in Czech?! Well, as I live now in a kind of international environment I have a lot of friends from all over the world, so I wanna inform them as well... And on the other hand it's good for me and other Czechs to practice our English ;) However, I guess I will write some parts in Czech or translate something, so don't worry ;) Especially about my scholarship which is intended just for Czechs (and our brothers Slovaks ;) ) I will write in Czech. And don't hesitate post comments in Czech, too.

So, hope that you will enjoy reading my blog. I'll try to post some quality flow of my thoughts and ideas every day. So stay tuned...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I´m impressed. you created blog. The One who doesn´t have time for anything but partying :o)
but I have to encourage you...nice beginning!!!

Pavel said...

Thanks Jan, my party buddy ;) You know that from partying you can get to know people from some country the best... And I wanna get to know Americans :)